How to program a universal remote to a TV without codes? Do you want to know how you can program a universal remote to a TV without codes? If you can’t find the correct codes for your TV and the universal remote, then this guide is for you. Know how to connect universal remote to TV without using any remote codes.
Universal remotes are special remote controls that can operate several devices at a time. These remote controls can be manually programmed and used for different electronic devices like TV, soundbar, Blu-ray, DVD player, VCR, and other home entertainment electronics that are controlled or operated with a remote. One universal remote can control up to 8 devices depending on the remote.
The programming of the universal remotes mainly depends on the remote codes. Each universal remote has specific codes assigned for devices with respect to their brands and type. But, there is also another option that doesn’t require codes, which is the code search method. If you are also here to learn how to program a universal remote to a TV without codes, then get the complete guide below.
How to Program a Universal Remote to a TV Without Codes
All the universal remote controls provide the complete list of remote codes for their compatible devices and brands. You can easily find these codes in the instruction manual of your universal remote or even by visiting the official website of your remote control manufacturer. So, it is actually not that hard to obtain the code for your TV.
But, still, due to any reasons, if you don’t have the codes and the only option left is to program a universal remote to a TV without codes, then it is totally possible. There are various methods that can be used to program a universal remote to a TV without codes. We are going to explain three different to program remote to TV without codes. Please note that the programming instructions may vary with remote brand and model.
- Firstly, turn on the TV and point your universal remote at the TV. Make sure you have properly installed the batteries in the remote.
- Now, press and hold the “Setup” button and enter “0000” using your remote keys. You have to enter this code while holding down the “Setup” key. This step is to command your remote for an automatic code search.
- The red LED light at the top of the universal remote will light up and stay on.
- Now, press the “Power” button / “On/Off” button consecutively leaving a 1-second gap between two button presses.
- This means, press the “Power” button, release the button, wait for 1 second, and then press the button again.
- Repeat the same until your TV turns off. Once the TV is turned off, press the OK / Stop / Enter button to save the code.
- That’s it. This is how to program a universal remote to a TV without codes.
How to Program Universal Remote to TV Without Codes – Auto Scan Method
The auto-scan method is another way that the universal remote users can take help from when they don’t have the codes. Actually, getting the code is the easiest and simplest way to program a TV into a universal remote. Then, you don’t have to worry about all the methods given here. However, these methods are still reliable. Follow the steps given below to program a universal remote to a TV without codes.
- Firstly, turn on the TV and point your universal remote at the TV.
- Now, press and hold the “Setup” and “TV” buttons at the same time.
- Keep pressing the two keys until you see a red light appear on your remote control.
- Release both the buttons once you see the red LED light on the universal remote.
- Next, press the “Setup” button once and release it. The light should start blinking now.
- You should start trying the codes one by one. For this, you just have to press the “Power” button on the remote repeatedly until the TV is turned off.
- Do not hold down the Power button. You have to press the button, release it, and then press it again.
- Repeat the same until your TV turns off. Once the TV turns off, this means the correct code is found.
- To save this code, press the “TV” button. The light should stop blinking now.
How to Program a Universal Remote to a TV Without Codes – Manual Code Search
If your remote doesn’t have a code search or Setup button, then here is a simple way to program TV without codes. Follow the steps given below to program a universal remote to a TV without codes.
- Turn on the TV and point your universal remote at the TV.
- Now, press the “TV” button on the remote and hold it down.
- With the TV button held down, press and hold the “Power” button.
- Once the light on the remote turns on, release both the “TV & Power” buttons.
- The LED light on the remote should stay on after you release the keys.
- Next, you have to do the manual code search.
- Press the “Power” button repeatedly until your TV turns off. Once your TV turns off, then it means your remote found the correct code for your TV.
- To save the code, press the “Stop” button. Some remotes may not have the Stop button. For those, you can use the “Enter” or “Power” button.
What To Do If Universal Remote Setup Without Codes Not Working?
If your TV is not responding to the universal remote control while setting up, then you should make sure your remote is working properly. Make sure you have inserted working AA batteries in the universal remote. Remove the back cover of the remote and check if the batteries are properly placed.
Try to replace the batteries with the newer ones or recharge the batteries if they are rechargeable. Then, try to program a universal remote to a TV without codes. If it still doesn’t work, then maybe you should consider getting back to the codes. Not all remotes support an auto-code search, so you can try finding the remote codes for your TV.
How to Find Universal Remote Codes for my TV?
If you want to find the universal remote codes for your TV, then you can easily find one. Do you have the instruction manual of your universal remote? If yes, then you can find the codes there. If you don’t have the manual, then visit the official website of your remote manufacturer. For example, if you are using an RCA universal remote, then go to RCA remote code finder page and get the codes for your TV.
There is another site that you can use for finding the universal remote codes for your TV. Byjasco.com is a useful website that has all the CL3, CL4, and CL5 remote codes for various devices like TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray, Soundbar, and much more of a large number of brands. You can also visit this website to find the universal remote codes for your TV.
That was all about how to program a universal remote to a TV without codes. If you want to program a universal remote to a TV without codes, then you can any of the methods mentioned here based on the type of remote you have. The programming steps depend on the remote brand and model and may vary. We hope you liked this information. Stay tuned to Universal Remote Codes for more useful articles.