Home Audio Universal Remote Codes: If you want to use a universal remote for your Home Theater audio device, then this guide is for you. Know all the details about the Home Audio universal remote codes and their programming procedure in this post.
Home audio systems are audio devices that are meant for home entertainment use, such as shelf stereos, music centers and surround sound receivers. A basic home theater system consists of a TV (video display), a sound audio/video receiver, a DVD or Blu-ray player (video source), and can also have other parts like an amplifier, speakers or soundbar, etc.
If you want to use a universal remote for the Home Theater audio system, then you have to know its respective remote codes. The universal remote codes are different for different device brands and also depend on the type of device. There are also various types of codes like 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit codes for a universal remote. In this post, we have prepared a list of the Home Audio universal remote codes.
Home Audio Universal Remote Codes
Home audio devices like media centers surround sound receivers, and stereos are compatible with the universal remote. The shelf stereos can be paired up with universal remotes only if they have been controlled by an infrared remote. Here, we have given the list of Home audio universal remote codes (4-digit and 3-digit codes). Get the codes for your device and then know how to program a Home Audio Universal Remote below.
4-Digit Universal Remote Codes For Home Audio
|Device Brand||Home Audio Universal Remote Codes|
|Adcom||0082, 0225, 0161, 0269, 0092|
|Apex Digital||1937, 1915|
3-Digit Home Audio Remote Codes
|Device Brand||Home Theater Audio Universal Remote Codes|
|ADCOM||225, 092, 161, 082, 269|
|AIWA||018, 170, 104, 202, 213, 203, 211, 188|
|AMC||125, 127, 126, 128, 258|
|SONY||093, 018, 223, 248, 247, 166, 160, 015, 184, 271, 218|
|RCA||010, 117, 048, 067, 156|
|ONKYO||017, 064, 046, 107, 187, 108, 079, 090, 080, 179, 270, 209|
|PIONEER||014, 039, 033, 044, 050, 159, 116, 168, 035, 198, 078|
RCA Home Theater Audio Codes
How To Program A Home Audio Universal Remote
The most common method used for pairing up a universal remote with a home audio system is given below. You are going to need the Home audio universal remote control codes for this. So, check your device brand and get the code first. Remember that the programming steps may not be exactly the same for all the universal remotes. If the following steps won’t work for your remote, you can check the instruction manual or take help from a YouTube video.
- Firstly, turn on your Home Theater Audio System and also turn on your TV if it is connected.
- Now, test your Home Theater in Audio mode by entering 1254 as the setup code.
- Next, press the “Setup” button on the universal remote until the red light appears.
- Enter the 5-digit universal remote code “51988” using the remote keys.
- Then, press and hold the last digit of the code. This should turn down the volume.
- This indicates that the universal remote is programmed successfully.
There are three possible methods that you can use for any universal remote to program it with any device. Those are:
- How To Program Home Audio Universal Remote With Codes
- How To Program Home Audio Universal Remote Without Codes (Auto-Code Search)
- How To Program Home Audio Universal Remote Using Code Search
Let’s look at each of these methods in detail one by one.
How To Program Home Audio Universal Remote With Codes
To program a universal remote with any device, you must have the respective universal remote codes for your device brand. Since here we are pairing up a home audio system with a universal remote, you are going to find the remote codes for your brand device. Here, we have already given the list of codes from where you can get the code easily. Follow the steps given below to program your universal remote with a Home audio electronic device.
- Turn on the device that you want to program with the universal remote. In this case, turn on the Home Audio system and your TV.
- Now, press and hold the “Setup” button and release it once you see a red light flashing on the remote.
- Next, press the “DEVICE” key (TV/DVD/CBL/AUX/SAT) once and release it. If your Home audio is connected to the TV, then press the “TV” key here.
- With your remote keys, now enter the 4-digit or 3-digit code for your device.
- That’s it. This will complete the programming of your universal remote.
- To verify if the code is correct or not, press the “Power” button on the remote.
- If your Home audio system turns off, then it means the programming was successful.
- But, if the device doesn’t respond, then the code is incorrect. Try the next code on the list and perform the same steps again.
- Make sure your device is responding to all the buttons on the universal remote.
How To Program Home Audio Universal Remote Without Codes (Auto-Code Search)
We all know that universal remote codes are necessary for the programming of remote with any electronic device. But, if you don’t have the code, then don’t worry. If you are not finding the suitable code for your device from the list given here, then you can use the auto-search or auto-explore method. For this, follow the simple steps given below.
- Firstly, turn on the device that you want to program with the universal remote. In this case, turn on the Home Audio system and your TV.
- Now, press and hold the DEVICE button (TV, DVD, CBL, and OK/SEL) on the remote for at least 3 seconds or until you see the LED light. This means that your device is ready to program.
- Next, press and hold the “CH+” & “CH-” keys on the remote until the light on the remote starts blinking.
- Once you see this, press the “Up” or “Down” button continuously until the device is turned off.
- To verify the code, press the “Power” button. If the device turns on, then it means the code is correct.
- Finally, you have to save this code. To do so, press the DEVICE key. The key will blink twice if the code was saved successfully.
How To Program Home Theater Audio Universal Remote Using Code Search
Code Search is another effective method to program your device with a universal remote without entering any remote code. In this method, we will input a universal remote code using the keys which will force start the code search on your remote. Let’s see how to program your Home audio universal remote using code search.
- Switch on the TV and the home audio system that you want to program with the universal remote.
- Now, press the “Code Search” or “Setup” key on your universal remote.
- Next, enter the three-digit code “9-9-1” with the remote.
- Press and hold the Power button and also press the “Ch +” button until your device turns off.
- If the device turns off, then it means the programming is completed successfully.
Home audio electronic devices are popular and most people use these at their homes and offices. If you want to use a universal remote for a home audio system, then it is totally supported with the help of suitable codes. If you are not able to get the home audio universal remote codes for your device here, then please notify us in the comments. For more useful guides, stay connected with us at Universal Remote Codes.